Even British Journalists Are Beginning to Acknowledge that Guns Deter Crime
November 19, 2012
Originally posted on International Liberty:
While I have great admiration and affection for the English people, most of them are downright daft on the issues of guns. And the politicians are the worst of the lot, having imposed draconian gun bans.
But they’ve gone way beyond run-of-the-mill gun control.
This is the nation, for instance, that arrested a man for the “crime” of turning in a gun found on his property. Yes, you read correctly. I’m not making that up.
The government is so bloody clueless on this issue that we’ve seen mind-boggling examples of anti-gun political correctness.
- Disciplining children for making gun shapes with their hands.
- Banning starting pistols at races.
- Proposing to bar children from Olympic shooting events.
- A bookstore putting shooting magazines in the porn section.
- Arresting a woman for brandishing a knife to scare away thugs.
Okay, I cheated. The last example was about a knife…
View original 405 more words