We are getting our heads handed to us – Tea Party Nation
July 14, 2011 3 Comments
There is no other way to put this. We are losing and losing badly. The battle we are losing is the information war. We are losing the battle of messaging. We have go to get out and do better or we lose this war and lose the battle for freedom.
How bad is this?
Here is the latest polling from the Quinnipiac University:
|American voters disapprove 56 – 38 percent of the way President Barack Obama is handling the economy, but by 45 – 38 percent they trust the president more than congressional Republicans to handle the economy, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.|
|The country is in a recession, 71 percent of American voters say, but by 54 – 27 percent they blame former President George W. Bush more than President Obama.|
|The president gets a 47 – 46 percent job approval rating, unchanged from the June 9 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. That tops 64 -28 percent disapproval for Democrats in Congress and a 65 – 26 percent disapproval for Republicans. Obama outscores congressional Republicans on several points in the deficit reduction battle:|
|• Voters will blame Republicans over Obama 48 – 34 percent if the debt limit is not raised;• Voters say 67 – 25 percent that an agreement to raise the debt ceiling should include tax hikes for the wealthy and corporations, not just spending cuts;
• Voters say 45 – 37 percent that Obama’s proposals to raise revenues are “closing loopholes,” rather than “tax hikes”;
• But voters say 57 – 30 percent that Obama’s proposals will impact the middle class, not just the wealthy.
|“The American people aren’t very happy about their leaders, but President Barack Obama is viewed as the best of the worst, especially when it comes to the economy,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling institute.|
|“Americans overwhelmingly disapprove of President Obama’s handling of the economy, but by 2-1 they pin the blame on former President George W. Bush rather than Obama, who is now more than 60 percent through his term of office.”|
|“Given this public view, it might be reasonable to expect that the president’s re-election campaign will be, as it was in 2008, running against the former president, in addition to the actual GOP nominee,” said Brown. “The key voting bloc, independents, say 49 – 24 percent that Bush is more responsible for the economy than Obama.”|
Read the full poll details here.
Sending out emails and blogs on the issue of messaging is not the way to usually bring a huge response out. People will take a look at this and politely nod and usually not even bother to respond to the blog.
THIS IS IMPORTANT!
I don’t know any other way to describe this other than to scream it at the top of my lungs.
If people believe Obama is not responsible for the Obama depression, he wins. If they believe the negative consequences from the debt crisis are the fault of the Republicans and blame them and the Tea Party, we lose.
We must get our message out there. This is the Obama economy. This is the Obama depression. Obama is the reason 14 million Americans are unemployed.
This is important for every Tea Party group. You must get out there and use social media, contact your local media, use Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube to get our message out there. Tell your neighbors. Politics is generally not a subject we like to bring up with friends and neighbors unless we are sure they agree with us but this is too important.
Are you uncomfortable talking about politics with your friends? Get over it. Our country depends on you.
Either get the message out now or prepare for a second Obama term and prepare to see the lamp of liberty extinguished.
It is up to you.
- Down the memory hole – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Social Justice: Obama & The Left’s Not-So-Hidden Agenda – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Scary American Stats – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Another Obama promise kept, though we wish he didn’t – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Two law students – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- And We Wonder – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- The Eunuch of the Senate Strikes Again. – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Mr. Wimpy does Washington – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Campaign 2012: Are We Over “The Black Thing” Yet? – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Tea Party Nation Goes Full Birther [Dispatches from the Culture Wars] (scienceblogs.com)